Find out which one is better for you
Both UV and RO water purifiers are widely available in the market these days. But, it is our duty to understand which one of the two suits our need. We, as purchasers, should have complete knowledge of the product we are buying and thus, here is a comparison of the two that will help you choose from the both.
- UV stands for ultraviolet and RO stands for Reverse Osmosis and both are techniques used for water purification. UV filters treat water supplied by MCD that have Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of up to 200 ppm. RO filters, on the other hand, have the ability to treat boring water with TDS over and above 200 ppm.
- UV filters cannot eradicate the dissolved salts in the water, which the RO filters do easily.
- UV water filters definitely kill the bacteria and germs in the water, but the water remains contaminated with the bodies of the inactivated microorganisms. The RO water filters completely eradicate the viruses, germs and bacteria thereby making the water purified and fit for drinking.
- You also get an added advantage to enhance the water quality of RO filters by installing mineral enhancing filters that help in adding minerals to the purified water.
- RO water filters are much more advanced than UV filters with respect to the fact that the former treats dirty water by using a pre-filtration method in comparison to UV filters which require clear water to work upon.
Depending upon the type of water supply in your area, it is absolutely essential to choose wisely as to which water purifier system can work wonder for you and your family. If you are still looking to know more, consult you nearest domestic RO supplier and get all details right away.
A water purifier installed today will give you a healthy future tomorrow.